More and more businesses are employing Agile development methods to get products and services to market faster and more efficiently. Unfortunately for Product Managers who have not been trained in these Agile methods, working with agile teams can seem confusing and the results of their output uncertain.
The Agile Product Management Excellence course will provide Product managers with an understanding of a number of Agile Methodologies and ways to interact with Agile Development Teams to produce more reliable and effective business outcomes.
This one-day course is designed to teach Product Managers the necessary practices for working in an Agile environment. The course covers multiple Agile development methods (Scrum, XP and Lean) and is focused on providing practical applications of the theory to make participants more effective the moment they return to their desks.
In addition, this course prepares the participant for AIPMM certification to become an Agile Certified Product Manager (ACPM).
|Agile Excellence for Product Managers||2014 Dates coming soon||Sydney||$985
(+$570 for Certification Option)
|2014 dates coming soon|
The course is designed for:
- Product Managers
- Product Marketers
- Brand Managers
Participants will learn how to:
- Accelerate time to market for their products
- Manage risk and adapt to emerging requirements at an entirely new level of effectiveness
- Amplify market learning through shorter feedback loops
- Structure one’s time across multiple iterations or Sprints
- Collaborate and communicate with stakeholders
- Plan, manage, and track an Agile release
- Prioritize features
- Create and maintain a product backlog
- Convey requirements as user stories with acceptance tests
- Organize for success including large projects and distributed teams
- Why Agile is good for Product Management (Part 1) – covers the benefits of Agile and what to expect. Learn why Agile can work better than waterfall and what’s in it for you.
- A look at Scrum (Part 2) – covers how Scrum (a popular Agile method) works, the development team’s process, and your role as a product manager.
- Agile Release Management (Part 3) – covers how to take advantage of Agile visibility to track the progress of your release and adjust as new requirements emerge.
- Agile Release Planning (Part 4) – covers how to move from a high-level product vision and break it down into releases and development iterations.
- Agile Documentation (Part 5) – covers how to convey requirements in Agile using story cards.
- Organizing around Agile (Part 6) – covers different strategies for team organization from small, co-located teams to large distributed teams.
- Starting Out with Agile (Part 7) – brings the previous sessions together with practical tips on how to start out with Agile and set your team up for success.
- XP and Lean ( Part 8 ) – covers two other Agile methods, Extreme Programming and Lean Software Development, that provide further perspectives on Agile thinking.
- Wrap-up (Part 9) – looks at Agile in the context of traditional process models and traditional serial development.
- Agile Release Planning Workshop (Part 10) – a hands-on workshop to introduce the Agile technique of Story Mapping as a way to plan and visualize a release.
The Agile Product Management Excellence prepares participants for the exam to become an Agile Certified Product Manager (ACPM®).
The exam is administered online by the Association of International Product Marketing and Management (AIPMM), and consists of 60 multiple-choice questions. Attendees have one-hour to complete the exam and may use their course notes.
The ACPM® credentials indicate a thorough understanding of basic and advanced strategic and tactical concepts in agile product management. It ensures that those who pass the exam fully understand agile product management and are able to apply the concepts immediately to be more effective in their jobs.
The price for the course per participant is $985 (inc GST). This includes printed copies of all course materials and catering.
To become an Agile Certified Product Manager participants add an additional $570 (incl GST) for up to two attempts on the Association of International Product Marketing and Management (AIPMM) administered certification exam. This price also includes a one-year membership with AIPMM.
To upgrade your training with certification, when you register for the course select the Agile Product Management (Certification Package) ticket for a total of $1555 (incl GST).
“A valuable introduction to a valuable methodology that can simultaneously deliver and improve business outcomes and enhanced team dynamics…Overall it has been a very valuable workshop and some of the basic principles certainly will apply in all development streams within Cochlear”- Shay Withnell, Senior Global Product Manager, Cochlear
“Excellent summary of Agile” - Tom Spence, Product Manager, AUSTAR
“It helped validate what we have started doing and gave me some ideas on how to improve our process”
- Jeff Rouse, Systems Development Manager
back to top